Our long-term clients are a professional couple who live in San Francisco. They are seeking a Household Manager / Cook who wants to serve as the residence's primary caretaker and chef. Candidate should have experience delivering a five-star client experience with little to no oversight. Candidate should be exceedingly discreet and highly ethical and love to solve a challenge should one arise. Their ideal candidate is upbeat, positive, self motivated and loves to cook and entertain.
Candidate will be responsible for maintaining the organization and appearance of the family's residence. There is a housekeeper to provide assistance. Candidate should love to cook as they will be in charge of cooking dinner 5 nights a week and preparing light breakfast and lunch 2 to 5 days a week. The couple enjoy entertaining, beautiful food plating and dinner service is appreciated nightly. There is a housekeeper employed who is a rock star and assists in the maintenance of the home.
Compensation includes a beautiful one-bedroom apartment with private entrance.
Must drive and have own car.
- Takes initiative
- Discrete and professional
- Monitor the day to day condition of the home and identify matters requiring attention. Where needed, identify the solution and take care of the item (ie: if the dishwasher is broken contact the vendor for repair and replace it if necessary). The employers value good judgement and trust their Household Manager to make appropriate purchases and repairs.
- Oversee vendors visiting the property and ensure work is completed within the employer's expectations.
- Ensure that the employer’s experience at their home is free of unexpected property matters (ie: no burnt out light bulbs, no leaky faucets, etc. Candidate will have the authority to resolve issues).
- Assist housekeeper on days off. Make beds and do daily cleaning as needed.
- Plan menus, shop and prepare dinner nightly. Be confident to cook different meals and for guests on occasion. Light lunches and occasional breakfast.
- Shop for all groceries and keep favorite items well stocked but not over-stocked.
- Organize and prepare for entertaining family and friends at the home.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through
- Works well independently and with other staff
- Professional and personable with excellent people/verbal skills