Aunt Ann's In-House Staffing
What is the difference between a PERSONAL CHEF and a PRIVATE CHEF?
A PRIVATE CHEF is employed by one individual or family full time and works full time for the employer preparing up to three meals per day. A PERSONAL CHEF serves several clients, usually one per day, and provides multiple meals that are custom designed for the clients’ particular requests and requirements. These meals are packaged and stored, so that the client may eat them at their leisure in the future.
A PRIVATE CHEF prepares meals for the household members, other household staff and guests of the household. The PRIVATE CHEF should also expect to set the table, serve the table, and clean up after meal preparation when working for a private individual and /or family and small dinner parties. A PRIVATE CHEF is also expected to keep the kitchen clean and stocked for its employer.
Some households seek a PRIVATE CHEF who can manage a staff and direct the organization and operation of the kitchen for large events held frequently at the home or multiple homes. Some PRIVATE CHEFS travel with their employer and must have the skills to adapt to different kitchens frequently.
Essential functions of the job may include:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of cooking styles and cuisines
- Have excellent presentation skills that can be adapted to the level of formality of the event
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of wine and food pairing
- Plan menus and review and receive weekly authorization of the menu and budget
- Ensure proper cleaning of the kitchen and appliances
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure proper sanitary practices.
- Purchase and stock the refrigerator and pantry to ensure employers likes and freshness
- Coordinate or prepare all meals for the primary residence as well as other properties. (yacht, private jet, additional residences)
- Cook for other staff as requested by employer
- Set, Serve and Clean up as appropriate for the number of persons and have the ability to supervise other staff when needed
- Shopping for fresh ingredients
Minimum requirements for a PRIVATE CHEF:
- 2 to 5 years experience as a Personal Chef in a private home
- Professional references
- Formal training from a Culinary Institution preferred
- Ability to listen and learn the preferences of the employer and adapt to the cooking requests of the employer
Neighborhoods We Serve:
Our services assist Nanny, Household and Private Office Employers hire exceptional employees throughout the entire San Francisco Bay Area. These are some of the Neighborhoods we staff:
San Francisco & Peninsula Cities
San Francisco, Burlingame, Hillsborough, San Mateo, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Emerald Hills, Redwood City, Palo Alto, Atherton, Menlo Park, Los Altos Hills, Woodside
North Bay & Wine Country Cities
Marin, Tiburon, Belvadere, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Ross, San Rafael, Larkspur, Kentfield, Nicasio, San Anselmo, St. Helena, Healdsberg, Napa Valley, Sonoma
East Bay Cities
Berkeley, Alameda, Piedmont, Oakland, Orinda, Lafayette, Alamo, Danville, Walnut Creek