Do you love children? Do you enjoy helping them learn and grow? Does a career working with kids everyday sound exciting and rewarding? If so, consider becoming a nanny! Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing, the San Francisco Bay area’s leading agency for domestic service employment, says nanny jobs are perfect for individuals who are honest, dependable, and looking to make a true difference in the lives of children and their families.
While there is no specific education or training required to become a nanny, Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing explains those with backgrounds in childcare, social work, education, and even motherhood make great qualifying candidates. Nannies have vast job descriptions, but in general, they are responsible for the complete well-being of the children which they care for. Nannies should be a positive role model, and in addition to possessing a loving personality, they should also model the parent’s ideologies and caretaking style.
To see if a nanny job is a good fit for you, take time to review the following common essential job duties:
- Interact With Children & Offer Age-Appropriate Activities To Foster Their Development.
- Guide Children To Problem Solve & Make Good Choices.
- Keep Children Safe At All Times, Both Inside & Outside Of The Home.
- Provide & Prepare Nutritious Meals & Snacks.
- Handle Emergency Situations Should They Arise.
- Manage Any Household Manager Duties As Assigned By Parents, Such As Laundry Or Vacuuming.
- Provide Recreational Activities Such As Playing At The Park, Swimming, Or Riding Bikes.
- Mentor Children & Help With Schoolwork.
- Provide Transportation To & From School, Doctors’ Appointments, & Extra-Curricular Activities.
- Communicate Regularly & Effectively With Parents.
If the above job duties sound interesting to you and you possess a background fit for fostering the growth and development of children, Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing recommends considering becoming a nanny. To learn more about what being a nanny entails, call Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing at (415) 749-3650 to discuss this career path. And to begin searching nanny jobs in the San Francisco Bay area, visit Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing website and browse their current job openings.