When you have a large and busy household that includes a nanny, housekeepers, and a private chef, managing staff can feel like a full-time job. That’s why many individuals elect to hire estate managers. If you’re unfamiliar with this role and the overall responsibilities, here’s some helpful information to review.
What does an Estate Manager do?
- An estate manager is a leading role on a private estate or large property. This individual is tasked with running daily operations, and their position can include routine maintenance, staff hiring and supervision, budget management, and coordinating events.
- Depending on the estate, this employee may also oversee outdoor landscapes and agricultural pursuits. The best estate managers are professional, friendly, hands-on, highly organized, financially savvy, excellent with logistics, and experienced when it comes to coordinating and leading staff.
What are the benefits of working with an Estate Manager?
- One of the primary benefits of hiring an estate manager is reducing ongoing stress and anxiety related to the maintenance and upkeep of a large property. With this individual on board, a vast majority of the daily tasks will be off of your plate, so you can focus on your family and business and enjoying your home.
- You’ll also find your household staff to be highly skilled and working as a cohesive unit since they will be interviewed, hired, trained, and managed by your estate manager.
- Best of all, estate managers will ensure your property is taken care of year-round, even if work or leisure takes you off-site for days or weeks at a time.
Are you looking for an experienced estate manager that’s well-versed in managing housekeepers, nannies, private chefs, and more? If so, Aunt Ann’s In-House Staffing is an invaluable resource. For over 60 years, our staffing agency has helped residents throughout the San Francisco Bay area, from Atherton to Mill Valley, find dedicated, reliable in-house employees. To schedule a consultation to discuss your needs, call today at (415) 749-3650. For more information on our company history, employment standards, and commitment to client satisfaction, visit our website.