Sure, fall holidays will look different this year due to the pandemic, but many venues around the Bay Area are making adjustments to accommodate families and ensure you can still get your fill of Autumn traditions. Check out the list below, make arrangements ahead of time, mask up and enjoy the season!
- Clancy’s Pumpkin Patch is a favorite past-time in the city. Open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., visits are limited to 20 minutes to allow for proper social distancing.
- Visit Alcatraz Island, one of the country’s most haunted prisons, for a spooky history lesson.
- The Exploratorium is holding a virtual Storytime Science for Kids: Halloween Edition on October 28th from 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.
EAST BAY / SACRAMENTO
- 8 Days of Boo at the Zoo in Oakland has adapted this annual event for social distancing and a safe, family-friendly pink flamingo scavenger hunt. From October 24th to October 31st, all children will receive prepared goodie bags, plus winners of the daily themed costume contest will win tickets to their new holiday nighttime lantern festival this year! Tickets are limited.
- Alameda Point Pumpkin Patch at Speer Family Farms is open September 26th – October 31st for social-distanced rock climbing, air jumpers, a 40-foot slide and 200-foot zip line, petting zoo and locally grown pumpkins for picking!
- For those who love a good scare, Pirates of Emerson, is holding a drive-through for the famous haunted attraction from October 2nd – November 1st.
- Cool Patch Pumpkins is “Home of the World Record Corn Maze”! From September 26th – October 31st, the farm also has pumpkin picking, hay rides and pedal cards.
PENINSULA / SOUTH BAY
- Visit the Drive-In at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk Movies for costume-themed flicks for the kids like Spider Man, Captain Marvel, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus, plus a few classic thrillers for adults too.
- Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz is fun for all ages all year round, but especially around Halloween. A “gravitational anomaly”, the Mystery Spot claims to “stun your perceptions of the laws of physics and gravity”!
- Lemos Farm Pumpkin Patch has pumpkin picking, haunted attractions, a petting zoo, rides and more. Pre-Admission tickets only.
- The San Mateo science playground and zoo, Autumn Nights at CuriOdyssey, is hosting a Glowing Harvest Festival every Friday and Saturday evening in October.
MARIN / SONOMA
- Pick your own apples at Sonoma County Farm Trails with an array of varieties including Golden Delicious and Roman Beauties. By appointment only.
- Santa Rosa Pumpkin Patch offers a wide range of fun attractions: corn hole, pumpkin tic-tac-toe, a hay bale maze, wagon rides and more. They even have season passes for unlimited activities.