Family of three is seeking an engaging, high-energy, upbeat nanny for their 14-months old son. This position will ideally start at the end of September, but is somewhat flexible. Their ideal nanny will bring fresh, new ideas for play, is looking for a long-term commitment and is open to occasional travel. The family has a home in Monterey and Palm Springs and would love their nanny to come along with them every once in awhile.
Their son is sweet, playful, curious, adventurous and LOVES books. The family would like for someone to take him to local story-times, playgrounds and music classes in their neighborhood. They'd like someone who has a keen understanding of child development and will cultivate a love for reading and learning in their toddler.
Household duties are light and only related to the child (ie: light tidying, child's laundry and simple meal prep / healthy basic cooking). Their son is a bit of a picky eater, so someone who will be patient and help introduce new, simple foods.
- Second language welcomed (nice to have, not required)
- Open to a long-term commitment
- Fun, up-beat, high-energy
- Polite, respectful
- Occasional travel (a weekend once in awhile at their second home in Monterey or Palm Springs)
- Occasional overnights (once or twice a year)
- Must have driver's license (car not required)
- Children's laundry
- Light tidying / keeping child's areas neat
- Children's meals (prep healthy, basic foods)
- Knowledge of child development
- Professional (respects personal boundaries)
- Addresses play with fresh, new ideas