Family in San Rafael is looking for a creative, upbeat, organized family assistant to help with household responsibilities and care for their two children (ages 8 and 12). This FA will be responsible for school pick-ups, driving to after-school activities, helping with meal prep, errands, homework, and keeping the home organized and happy. The kids are artistic, creative and love getting outdoors. The ideal candidate is someone who can alternate and change gears between creating a nurturing and stimulating environment for their two children when they are home and being proactive with household tasks.
Driver required and candidate must be comfortable with dogs (family has a hypoallergenic dog).
- Has worked as family assistant with school-age children
- Educational background is a plus but not required
- Must drive and have valid driver's license
- Ability to use google calendar and able to manage schedules
- Ability to be a step ahead and anticipate client needs: ie. Pantry is low on certain foods or necessities- stock them, soap is low-refill
- Creative, gentle
- Loves working with school-age children
- After-school activities
- Walking dog / some pet care
- Homework help (reading, math, journaling)
- Prep school lunches, prepare after-school snacks and healthy, simple dinners
- Run errands (groceries, goodwill, dry cleaning, etc).
- Water plants
- Some home organization
- Enforcing house rules (ie: no screen time)
- Excellent communication
- Takes initiative