Family of three, two adults and one child, seeking long-term, part-time personal chef to prepare (and leave) ﬁve weeknight family dinners. Prior experience in Kosher cooking ideal but not required.
The family prefers simple, organic, innovative and health-conscious vegetable-forward meals which are prepared in ﬂavorful, straightforward fashion with light seasoning and minimal oil. The chef should enjoy providing a wide range of cuisines (Israeli, Middle-Eastern, Asian, American, etc.) and utilizing only the freshest in-season local produce. On a typical day, the chef will arrive after shopping around 2:00-3:00 p.m. leaving a dinner in the warming oven for the family to serve themselves and then cleaning up before leaving at 6:00 p.m. The chef will not be on-site Thursdays, but will be expected to prepare dinner on Wednesdays for the family to warm up the next day. The ideal candidate will be creative, warm, friendly and discreet - able to interact in a professional and pleasant manner with the family and other on-site support staff.
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Excellent, veriﬁable references from past employers
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable car for grocery shopping
- Culinary degree preferred
- Must be able to complete an I-9 form with required documentation for proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver's License and Car to get to and from work and for minimal shopping
- Must be able to pass an independent background check
- Willingness to work in a Kosher kitchen according to Kosher dietary regulations, standards and protocols.
- Create monthly rotational dinner plans in accordance with family needs, tastes and preferences
- Food Shopping and ordering of all Kosher food supplies for household
- Maintain clean and orderly kitchen counters and food pantry
- Load and unload separate meat and dairy dishwashers with all dishes, beverage glasses and containers, serving and cooking utensils, including pots and pans
- Keep refrigerated and freezer items orderly and check daily for expired food
- School Lunches or At-Home Lunches weekdays for child, as needed
- Prepare dinner for additional guests as requested
- Good communication skills
- Sourcing and Menu planning
- Keen understanding of food preparation and kitchen sanitation standards.