This family seeks an organized and motivated individual to care for their children and maintain the home while they are in school. They need an excellent multi-tasker who can care for their two little ones and also take the reins as family assistant, assisting with household tasks, chores and errands.
Their 4.5-year old girl goes to school and has an extracurricular activity each week day, while their 3-year old boy goes to school 3 days per week and has an extracurricular activity each day. A typical day requires getting them ready for school and activities, drop-offs and pick-ups, preparing lunches and dinner, pitching in with laundry, running errands and keeping the home tidy. On days when the children are not in an activity, they get an hour of "downtime" in the afternoons.
The family can provide a car and/or parking. However, many of the children’s activities are in walking distance from the home and they would love a nanny who would enjoy walking with them, versus always getting in the car. The kids also have bikes that they love to get around on!
The schedule is stable from week to week during the school year, but flexibility is required during the summer as the children have camp in the mornings and might not need help until later in the day. They are looking for someone open to working late (no later than 9 p.m.) once a week so the parents can have a date night. There in an opportunity to work some weekend evenings, but not expected. Preference given to someone open to traveling with the family and possibly working an occasional overnight.
- Someone who is bilingual in Spanish a plus (the family would love a nanny who predominantly speaks Spanish with the children)
- Punctual and reliable is a must
- Polite and tidy
- One who teaches and models good manners to the children
- Enjoys being active and outdoors
- Taking children to and from school
- Walking them to daily extracurricular activities
- Organizing play dates and trips to the library, museums, etc.
- Preparing healthy lunches, dinner, snacks
- Reading and creative play
- Playing outdoors
- Straightening up (there is a cleaning person who comes on Tuesday & Fridays)
- Ensure the child’s bedroom and possessions are clean and orderly, which includes tidying and returning items to where they belong and cleaning and disinfecting toys and other equipment as needed
- Keep other areas of the house straightened from toys and use during the day
- Keep kitchen/dining areas clean and straightened after meals
- Doing dishes (loading & unloading dishwasher)
- Change linens in children's beds weekly, or more as necessary
- Family Laundry - washing, drying, ironing (as necessary), folding and putting away
- Make parents bed
- Run errands as needed
- Maintain grocery “staples” - bread, milk, peanut butter, fruit and veggies (emphasis on food for the kids)