One of our favorite long term clients is seeking to hire a new Household Manager for their Tiburon home. Their Household Manager of over 5 years has retired and they are seeking a new member for their team. This is a beautiful home which is managed with an informal atmosphere. It is a multi-staffed home with 3 young children who all attend school. Mom likes to turn over the responsibility of the home and concentrate her role focusing on her children.
Ideally the Household Manager will have excellent software computer skills and keep the household manual that has been written for the home up to date and current.
Ideally, the candidate will have graduated from a Household Management School and already have experience working in a non-formal environment. The household already employs housekeepers, landscapers, babysitters and a chef. Mom enjoys being hands on with the children and wants to delegate the daily running of the home and some of the tasks to the Household Manager. A Household Manager who knows how to keep a kosher home is highly desired.
Ultimately you will be responsible for the hiring, managing and supervising household personnel, coordinating family activities, record keeping and reporting. In the future you may coordinate family members’ travel, donations, bill paying, etc. You will be overseeing payment of household bills and invoices including utilities, service repairs and more!
A person who knows how to anticipate the needs of the employer before they know what they need and work with discretion is highly sought after along with someone who likes to get things done even if they need to wash the dishes.
- Enjoys working in an environment that is family friendly
- Has worked in a home that is Kosher (or is willing to learn)
- Vendor Management: Manage current construction projects. The Household Manager should have experience working with construction vendors, obtaining quotes, securing change orders, calendaring vendors and managing the bill-payment cycle for such work.
- Project Management: It is ideal if the Household Manager has experience managing projects for households.
- Assess and create Maintenance schedule for the home and secure and manage vendors to complete.
- Calendar Management for the household.. who goes where when and who is coming to the house when.
- Experience writing home manuals
- Strong calendaring skills
- Can anticipate the needs of others
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)